Friday, September 19, 2008

When Personal Development Gets Personal

The difference between this blog and other personal development blogs is this: This personal development blog is about my personal development. Not yours or anybody elses.

Seems a little selfish and egotistical does it? That's because I subscribe to my grandfather's way of looking at the world which was: Don't complain about your neighbors porch until you clean out your own house.

Okay, Grandpa never said that to me but I tried to adopt that into my life anyway. It's not that I don't care about anybody elses personal development but how can I teach unless I learn? As selfish as it sounds, in my life, my personal development comes first.

Having said that, I certainly don't mean that I won't post either in text or video form what I've done and what I've learned. If somebody else gets a lesson from the lessons I've learned then bravo! I am not against anybody taking care of their own personal development. That's would just be dumb on my part and would actually prove that I haven't learned a thing.

The reason I created my list of things to do before I die is because personal development is just that. Personal. However to consider myself some sort of island would make me very lonely indeed. That is why I cruise other Personal Development blogs like Steve Pavlina's and Tim Ferriss' who know stuff and can teach me stuff. Eventually I'd like to teach people stuff too but now I'm still learning.

By keeping my personal development personal, maybe I can show you, rather than tell you, how to live your life.

No comments: