Thursday, September 18, 2008

Timeline - 101 Goals in 1001 days

Keeping with the theme of not having an original thought for myself I've decided to give myself a timeline to complete the list of things to do before I die. The reason for this is because according to The Simple Dollar who in turn found this idea at Get Rich Slowly (who in turn found it at Triplux), setting a list of goals in a longer period of time gives a more realistic end than say, creating a list of resolutions to be completed in a year.

I gotta tell you, I don't expect to complete all of these items but imagine what it'll feel like to get most of them done. How about even some? If I get 25% of this stuff done I'll feel awesome if only for the fact that I rarely finish what I start.

Besides, success isn't about finishing, it's about participating. By creating a list of stuff to do before I die I'm participating in life instead of moaning about what life's doing to me. I figure after over forty years of letting life do stuff to me, it's only fair that I spend my remaining years doing stuff to life.

Update: Unless my math is incorrect and it may be, the deadline for this list to be completed is July 17, 2011.

No comments: