Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We're All Americans.

This doesn't have much of anything to do with the list but I feel that it needs to be said.  Not by you or for you but by me and for me.  I'm getting really disgruntled with the two party system.

Make no mistake.  I am a liberal.  I'm not as liberal as that Michael Moore dude but I'm definitely more liberal than, say, any Republican.  However, I am getting way too tired of all the name calling on both sides of the fence.

We share the same biology,
regardless of ideology
Believe me when I say to you
I think the Republicans (and Democrats) love their children too.

Sorry for the paraphrasing, Sting.

I realize how difficult it is to stay calm, especially in this most historic of years but can we please, please, please just try to get along?  Everybody in this country does things that somebody else doesn't like.  Everyone does something wrong.  Everybody.  And they either don't realize that it's wrong or they rationalize it away.  I do it, you do it, McCain does it and yes even my hero Obama does it.

I've got a confession to make.  I think either candidate will do a passable job of running the country.  There, I said it.  I'll say this also.  I am tired of both parties working under the false belief that theirs is the only "right" party.

As a Democrat I believe that we need the Republicans.  And the Republicans need us.  Both parties need to stop calling the other Nazis.  If one party abolished the other then where would the country be?  This country needs at least two parties to temper the other.  We need each other.  Why is that so difficult to understand?

I'd like to have a little peace now, if you don't mind.  I'd like to ask Fox Attacks to stop sending me links to videos.  I'll no longer watch them.  If it wasn't for Republicans there might be too much of my taxes being used to take care of people who don't deserve it.  No I don't mind giving.  What I do mind is giving to those who feel they are entitled to it.  People who make excuses why they don't have what they want.

 I'd like to ask Republicans to lay off the ACLU for just a little while.  You don't even have to stop, just ease off a little.  If it wasn't for the ACLU I'd have been eating rotten bologna for breakfast, lunch and dinner when I was locked up.  If it wasn't for the ACLU it might still be illegal for me to marry a white girl.  Not that I'd want to.

This is just a plea for peace in our country before we go trying to impose peace on somebody elses.  That's all.

Now back to the list.

1 comment:

Reverend Loy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.